Saturday, March 18, 2006

Hola, Herb!


Bay leaf (plural bay leaves) are the aromatic leaves of several species of the Laurel family (lauraceae). Bay leaves are used in cooking for their distinctive flavor and fragrance and may be used fresh or dried.
Why this particular herb for my user's name? Because with this blog i think i'm going to be posting partly on what i've prepared from my own kitchen. Erm, no, i am not a gourmet, i just enjoy food, period. It is also because it's a word play on my real name. ;)
I've gone on a bloghopping rampage last week and they were mostly on the culinary arts and these ladies (and gents) have come up with things so enticing, not only from the wonderful photographs that they have presented, but also from the sumptous preparations that they have shared with everyone. They sure have given me hunger pangs while anxiously waiting for my lunch break, the more i looked, the more i drooled, the more my tummy craved for them. Thus, i was inspired to try to start with something of my own. A big thank you goes also to Puspha for the encouragement. Note: this is not necessarily a food blog, this is mainly the musings of a middle-aged Pinay (Filipina) living in an alpine country and enjoying the view. And the other simple pleasures in life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A very warm welcome to the blogosphere.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Bay_leaf said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Bay_leaf said...

Merci!

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home