Saturday, August 05, 2006

Yay, i made Cuchinta!


Lol, back to my gastronomical pleasures, and for the first time ever in my life i made cuchinta this morning, a childhood favorite. I think most birthday parties that i went to when i was a kid, they had this dessert, and i loved the soft texture and the grated fresh coconut that came with it. Well i didn't get those at the Asian shop yesterday, but you could buy those dried shredded coconut that came in a pack and that's what i used. What can i say? It's easy as abc, and the taste reminded me of my school days. 1 1/2 cups of water with 3/4 cups of brown sugar, cooked and cooled, then added to 1 cup of rice flour and a teaspoon of lye water or lihiya (got it from Puspha) mixed then poured into a mould and steamed for about 12 minutes. I sprinkled the grated coconut on the cuchinta before devouring it. It went well with my cup of coffee. My guinea pig, a.k.a the hubby, who's not really into Asian desserts, liked it. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home